Home Forums Introductions Tp53 testing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MT
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m new to the forum. I had my first appt. with Clinical Genetics last week, referred as I was diagnosed with breast cancer aged 30, and my father had leiomyosarcoma of prostate and lung sarcoma. I was told it could take up to 12 weeks for the results to come through, and I was wondering how quickly other people got theirs back?

Thanks

PanP
    Keymaster

Hi.

12 weeks is about average – sometimes it can come a bit sooner, but not by much. Whereabouts are you in the country?

Pan

PS – Welcome aboard…

MT
    Participant

Thanks for the response – I was hoping it might be much quicker than that, I’m not very good at waiting patiently!

I’m based in Glasgow, so good access to relevant departments etc…

PanP
    Keymaster

Well, I hope that they do come back with a good result for you and in less than 12 weeks.

By the way, how did you find us? A quick Google or were you pointed in our direction by someone at the clinic?

MT
    Participant

It was Google – I hadn’t heard of the TP53 mutation before my appointment, only BRCA1/2, so I wanted to find out a little bit more. I was pleased to come across this site – Google can often bring up information that is more unhelpful and worrying than useful, but the information here is very comprehensive and well-presented. I hope I get a good result, but if not I am glad to know that there is somewhere I can go to for advice…

SKH
    Participant

Hi MT
    Welcome to the forum. It always seems to take a long time – it took me 12 months to find out I am at risk and I still haven’t even been tested yet (16 months on) because another family member is on a very long waiting list too and they must be tested first.

I wish we could speed up these processes!
    SKH

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.