Home Forums Introductions Re National Hereditary Breast Cancer Helpline

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Karen
    Participant

My genetics clinic gave me details of the below to contact as I am keen to speak with other women who have had preventive breast surgery or who are thinking of going ahead with it.

The National Hereditary Breast Cancer Helpline 01629 813000

email canhelp@btopenworld.com

http://www.breastcancergenetics.co.uk

The help line is run by Wendy Watson and is open for anyone who wishes to discuss any aspect of hereditary breast cancer, there is also some very useful information on the website.
    Wendy discovered she had the BRCA gene 20 years ago and she decided to have a bi-lateral mastectomy,her daughter Becky also tested positive and she too took the same option at the age of only 24.
    Wendy is able to put you in touch with women who have had surgery due to a defective breast cancer gene and women who are currently deciding whether surgery is the right option for them. She is also there for anyone currently deciding if they should take a genetic test or if you have just received their results.

I met up with some of her members today and they are very helpful and made me feel extremely welcome.

Talking and meeting with people in a similar situation does really help nobody needs to suffer in silence.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.